Welcome to The Insider Buying Report
Don’t recognize this sender? Unsubscribe with one click
Garrett Baldwin recently imported your email address from another platform to Substack. You'll now receive their posts via email or the Substack app. To set up your profile and discover more on Substack, click here.
Good morning: I’ll start with the bigger news… and then move onto the stuff that matters. On Friday, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) bought another $136.4 million in Lennar (LEN). That purchase comes a few days after a $212 million bid. The company bought LEN at $77 the first time, and then at $81 the second time. So… that creates a bit of a line in the sand for us. I’m not as ambitious this time with Berkshire as I was with Occidental (OXY)… But… I would feel foolish if I didn’t look at the math on selling the $76-$74 put spread for October 16… On Saturday night, I calculated it around $160 in margin to make $40… That’s about a 81.9% probability of profit on a 25% return if the math aligns. I can’t say that I’m excited right now to have to buy up LEN stock… But that second buy does help create a line in the sand. It’s something to think about… And if you’re looking for other ideas… be sure to check out Insiderstockbuys.com, where the Ultimate tool just opened up for readers… Recall, that LEN buy was indirect, and done by a 10% holder. But it’s statistically significant. That’s for sure. I think the buy that caught my attention the most is in Cemex (CX). Rogelio Zambrano’s family founded the company and he sits on the board. This is more of the controlling family adding size. Thing is… that’s ALSO an indirect buy… It’s still a buy from the people who own the name… Now, let’s talk direct buys… The Chip Guy Okay, small-cap… semiconductor name… $120 million market capitalization, and I’ve never heard of Magnachip (MX). Chae Lee, the CEO, bought $318,496 at $3.19. This is a South Korea company… and it was absolutely pummeled alongside the rest of the sector after that June-July route. But now… here comes the buyer. Shares popped 14% on the news… and if the Korean investors are going to start chasing these things all over again… It’s as good of a bet as any… Shares are still under where the mania began in May… The 200-day moving average is six cents under where we are… That’s as good of a stop loss as any. This feels like a VWAP stock moving forward. Play the game… and keep tight stops… The Double Digit Yield Then, there was Jeffrey Sherman. He helps run DoubleLine. The executive opened a $130,300 position in the DoubleLine Yield Opportunities Fund (DLY) from zero. That fund pays over 10%, but I couldn’t tell you a whole lot more about it at the moment. Do some diligence. Finally, we had Jade Walle, the CFO at Ur-Energy (URG), buying over $110,000. There was the CEO of Annexon (ANNX) adding nearly $100,000 of the biotech name. And Ron Hovsepian bought another $66,415 more of Skillsoft (SKIL). That’s all you need for today… Stay positive, Garrett Baldwin You're currently a free subscriber to The Insider Buying Report . For the full experience, upgrade your subscription.
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Response to "Shoes and Pockets Full of Cement"
Post a Comment